The Devou Good Project is a nonprofit agency established with the intention of cultivating vibrant communities out of transitional neighborhoods.
DGP will build relationships with those in the community working to bring positive change. Initially, members of the DGP will collaborate with other nonprofits and members of the community to assess their needs. Once they have been identified, DGP will continue to work with the groups to achieve goals and establish partnerships to strengthen future projects.
DGP will not only provide staffing and resources for event planning and fundraising, but also present opportunities for local visionaries to work together toward a common goal. By establishing this joint effort, visions and ideas that may have been limited due to lack of resources and exposure can be realized. Relationships between agencies within a community can be cultivated, strengthening the positive voice and fostering change.
The founding members of DGP are skilled professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Collectively they bring skills and experience from public relations, marketing, the arts, business/entrepreneurism and education fields. This diversified skill set will be a valuable resource to the agencies they assist.
The Devou Good Project partners with local nonprofits to assess the unique needs of communities within Greater Cincinnati and to facilitate projects which target the identified needs. Embracing the ideas of artists, philanthropists, and visionaries we seek to cultivate vibrant neighborhoods with the resources for positive change.
What We've Achieved
- Established an annual Music and Arts Festival in Devou Park, Covington, KY as a community outreach and fundraiser for Children's Home of Northern KY.
- Created a year-round, ADA accessible nature play-scape called NaturePlay@BCM.
- Provided urban garden supplier Grow the Cov with a grant for organic soil.
- Created The Covington Project. A contest that awarded four grants in honor of Covington, KY's bicentennial celebration.
- Supported bicycling in Devou Park through the purchase of a bike repair station and bicycle stand.
- Coordinated and led meetings of the Devou Park Trail Collective in planning the next stages of backcountry trail development in Devou Park.